Please note that we are in the process of winding down our rescue so we only have a couple of dogs available. If dogs previously adopted from our rescue need to be rehomed, we will continue to assist with that process and will add them to our page as that happens. But that is why you will see very few dogs on our page. If the dogs we have available are not a match for you, please check out petfinder.com to continue your search.
Unless health or age reasons prevent us from doing so, prior to adoption every Recycled Doggy is:
- Vaccinated (Parvo/Distemper, Bordetella and Rabies (if 4+ months of age))
- Fecal Tested and De-Wormed as Appropriate Based on Test Results
- Heartworm Negative (Tested if over 9 months of age)
In addition, we work closely with our veterinarians and follow their recommendations as far as any additional vet care our dogs need. We do our best to address all known medical issues before a dog is adopted.
Our adoption fee is $195.00.
Unlike some rescues, we do not charge higher fees for puppies or purebred dogs (nor do we charge a higher fee for dogs that have had extraordinary medical expenses that far exceed the adoption fee – we depend on donations to help us cover those costs). In limited circumstances in our sole discretion, we may offer a reduced adoption fee for extremely senior dogs due to their advanced age and likelihood of needing more extensive vet care in the near future than a younger dog would normally need. Our goal is to find these senior dogs a loving home to spend the rest of their days in; however, the same adoption application approval criteria applies regardless of the age of the dog and we do not advertise the lower fees. We want adopters to fall in love with the dog and select the dog for them based on the connection they feel with the dog, not the fee.
We accept cash and all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover). No checks.
If you’re considering adopting one of the Recycled Doggies, you must first complete our adoption application. All potential adopters must fill out an adoption application. Applicants must be 21 years of age and head of household. We will deny applications submitted by anyone other than the head of household.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application as we are disabling the portion of our website that contains the forms in order to not spend that money since we are winding down. Thank you for understanding.
If you rent, make sure we have a copy of your lease and any other documents needed to confirm that you are permitted to have the dog you are applying to adopt. Do not send us a lease document that says no pets – you must get your lease amended or have written permission on landlord letterhead to adopt the dog. We do not accept verbal permission nor do we accept assurances that others in the same complex have dogs and it’s okay. We must have formal written approval so we know the dog is welcome.
Please Note That:
- We reserve the right to defer or deny any application for adoption in our sole discretion.
- Our only interest is in finding the best, most appropriate homes for our rescued dogs.
- While we don’t require a fenced yard for all of our dogs, we may require a fenced yard (not electric fence) for a particular dog based on the dog’s breed and our experience with the dog.
- Some dogs are not suitable for apartments and condos due to barking or other behaviors, and we will not approve a dog for a particular adopter in that situation. The benefit of our dogs living in foster homes is that we do get to see some of these behaviors, which help us make appropriate matches.
- Most of our dogs have already lost at least one home prior to coming to us, so we strive to find forever homes for our dogs to prevent that kind of disruption from occurring in these dogs’ lives ever again.
Adoption Area & In-Person Meeting
We require an in-person meeting prior to approving an adoption. We do not adopt dogs to adopters that live out of our area. We define our area as a 2 hour drive time from downtown Cincinnati (zip code 45202) according to Google Maps (not based on how fast you can drive the distance). WE DO NOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS SO PLEASE DON’T ASK. This rule is for the safety of our dogs – we need to be sure we can get our dogs back quickly in the event an adoption doesn’t work out. As an all volunteer organization, we can’t do that if it’s greater than a 4 hour round trip. There may be some dogs that we restrict the adoption area further – this is within our sole discretion.
If you are not sure if you are within our area, please use the map below to check if you are inside a 2 hour radius from 45202 prior to submitting an application.
Questions? Get in Touch.
If you need to contact us for any reason about your application, please email us. Our fax number is 513.275.5842. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive and the fact that we all work full-time jobs in addition to running Recycled Doggies, we are unable to return phone calls. We rely on email communication so we can be as responsive as possible, as quickly as possible.